Pilates is great exercise for people with back pain. When it is done with a qualified instructor Pilates is:
- Great for toning the body.
- Excellent for strengthening your core muscles.
- Helps to improve posture and flexibility.
- Is safe and beneficial if you want to stay active as you age.
Pilates was developed by Joseph Pilates who designed a system of exercises which were intended to strengthen the mind and body.
Over the past year I have created a Pilates course for people with chronic or acute back pain. When I suffered a severe back injury many years ago Pilates helped me to improve my strength and continue to compete as an athlete. I feel that it is extremely important to have a strong core if you want to heal from an injury and prevent back pain from reoccurring. My course provides the following for back pain sufferers:
- A very basic series of videos that teaches you the fundamentals of Pilates.
- Each exercise aims to strengthen a particular muscle group that helps to support the back.
- The program goes for 21 days and is easy to follow.
- By the end of the video series you should feel that your body is stronger and more toned so that you can be more active as you age and have less pain.
Udemy Pilates Series
To access the video series click on the image below. I look forward to hearing about your progress.